Sunday, June 8, 2008

Settling In

I'm really starting to settle in- I have MN plates for my car (it is really strange to see- I feel a bit like a Winter Texan every time I see my car!).
I also got my diploma! I didn't expect it so soon but there it was on my doorstep on Thursday evening!

I've survived my first week of work. Monday and Tuesday were hard with all of the paperwork and online training- staring at a computer screen all day is exhausting.

I finally got a handle on my project and had a good meeting with my boss, Carol, on Friday to plan some simple experiments for the coming week to get me into the swing of things.

I even have some semblance of a morning routine! I almost had it all together on Friday morning- the only thing I forgot was a fork for my lunch- my goal is to get the coffee, breakfast and complete lunch accomplished at some point this week...

I even had some time for a craft this weekend!! I wanted a summer wreath (the shell one I made in TX grew mold) and I couldn't find one that I liked so I gave myself $20 at Michael's and made my own- I'm not allowed to hang anything outside my door so it is on the inside.... At least I get to enjoy it every morning.

I hope you are all well- I'm sending out change of address post cards this week- I hope to hear from you all!

PS. Smokey says Hi!

No comments: